Rebalance is a project by Zarel to improve the balance of Warzone 2100. It used to be a mod, but is now the "default" balance of Warzone 2100.
Rebalance Mod does not need to be downloaded for 2.3 or later. Simply use the latest version of Warzone, and it will be rebalanced.
Newer Rebalance versions don't work with older versions of the game, so here are the latest versions that work:
Rebalance Mod for 2.2:
Rebalance Mod for 2.1:
Refer to the FAQ for installation information.
Just use the latest version of Warzone.
0.8.1 - 2010 Sep 1
- Removed Cyclone turret
- Added: AA Flak Cannon (and Emplacement and Hardpoint)
- Flak Cannon is a medium-reload splash weapon
- Prerequisites: HPV
- Added: Sunburst AA Rocket Array (and Site)
- Sunburst is a slow-reload salvo weapon
- Prerequisites: Lancer
- Lancer damage toned down a bit
- Heavy Laser damage increased a bit
0.8.0 - 2010 Aug 31
Shaking MG's earlygame dominance:
- HMG now requires APDSB Mk2 instead of TMG
- APDSB Mk1 now requires TMG instead of APDSB Mk1
- Flamer now requires Engineering instead of FIE+MG
Rocket overhaul (the one I promised in 0.7):
- Merge of mini-rocket and rocket subclasses (so they're affected by the same upgrades).
- The merged subclass has 9 damage upgrades (+25% each), 3 accuracy upgrades (+10% each), and 3 ROF upgrades (-15% reload time each)
- Lancer, TK, BB, Cyborg Lancer, and Super TK Cyborg have their damage adjusted so that their fully upgraded damage remains the same
- These changes should mainly help make MRA more viable
- Slight buff to Heavy Laser, Avenger, and Vindicator damage
- Require HQ for every weapon structure, not just MG Tower
0.7.0 - 2010 Feb 21
- Cannons and rails have their original 1.10 HP levels restored.
- Heavy Cannon was moved later-game
- Assault Cannon, Twin Assault Cannon, and Hyper Velocity Cannon were moved earlier-game (and rebalanced accordingly)
- Assault Cannon, Twin Assault Cannon, were made lighter
- Hyper Velocity Cannon can now hit air units, penetrate units, and is lighter, but reloads more slowly and has less HP. It no longer replaces Medium Cannon
- Plasma Cannon has been made into a cannon (prereqs: HPV + Inferno + DSLDA3), and has been rebalanced accordingly.
- Cannons, rails, mortars, and howitzers have their splash damage increased.
- Ripples and Archies have been nerfed.
- Lancer has had its damage slightly nerfed. A full lancer rebalance is planned for later.
- Analogous changes have been done to the corresponding cyborgs and VTOL weapons, as well.
0.6.0 - 2009 Oct 11
- NO LONGER SUPPORTS 2.1
- Multi-turret no longer available for standard heavy bodies
- Most projectiles 1.5x faster. Should reduce sync problems
- Mini-Rocket Artillery renamed Mini-Rocket Array
- MRL Emplacement renamed Mini-Rocket Battery
- Angel Missile renamed Seraph Missile Array (should eliminate the "angel missile won't fire!" complaints)
- Angel Missile Battery renamed Seraph Missile Battery
- Hurricane damage increased 40 -> 50, splash increased 10 -> 30
- Cyclone damage increased 50 -> 70, splash increased 40 -> 60
- Whirlwind damage increased 50 -> 65, splash increased 30 -> 50
- Avenger and Vindicator damage increased 320 -> 350, accuracy increased 60%-70% -> 70%-80%
- Stormy damage increased 140 -> 180
- All lasers now have 80%-80% accuracy
- Plasmite Bomb weight increased 8000 -> 12000
- Mini-pod can hit air
- Artillery to hover multiplier decreased from 110% to 100%
- Artillery to tracks multiplier decreased from 65% to 50%
- Artillery to half-tracks multiplier decreased from 80% to 70%
- Artillery to wheels multiplier decreased from 95% to 90%
- Anti-tank to hover multiplier decreased from 100% to 90%
- AP to hard multiplier increased from 45% to 50%
- Seraph (see "Renames") range increased from 5-11 to 5-14
Truck rush prevention:
- Command Center must be built before MG tower can be researched
- Truck HP decreased 50 -> 25
- Truck weight increased 600 -> 800
Structure research price cuts:
- Inferno bunker research price 150 -> 125
- Plasmite bunker research price 150 -> 125
0.5.2 - 2009 July 20
- Updated to make it compatible with version 2.2.
0.5.1 - 2009 May 7
- Fixed crash when starting in T2 or T3.
0.5.0 - 2009 May 7
- Heavy VTOL bombs made lighter, light VTOL bombs made heavier.
- VTOL bomb accuracy upgrades changed to damage upgrades.
- Angel Missile stronger, Archangel Missile weaker, both fewer prereqs.
- Damage upgrades now also upgrade splash and burn damage.
- Needle Gun slightly stronger. Still not actually better than HPV.
- Rails now penetrating weapons. In practice, this shouldn't make much difference.
- Factory, Cyborg factory, and VTOL factory upgrades combined; now only 4 upgrades instead of 6-9 each.
- Repair facility upgrades condensed, now only 3 upgrades instead of 6.
- Artillery weapons do less damage to tanks, but more to walls.
- MG damage back down to original levels. The extra APDSB MG Bullets in the early game does plenty to compensate.
- VTOL HP actually makes sense now.
- Cannon HP increased a bit more.
- Stormy nerfed.
- All AA weapons have full fire-on-move.
0.4.2 - 2009 Apr 14
- VTOLs partially fixed. Feedback welcome.
- Cannons and rails have more HP.
- Assault/Twin Assault Cannon slightly weakened (still much stronger than 1.10 and 2.1; stop worrying). TK also weakened.
- All weapons that do splash damage will always do splash damage, none of this 25% chance of doing splash damage b.s.
- Rails do splash damage now, and are worth upgrading to now.
- Angel Missile! Now a viable replacement for MRL!
- Heavy cyborgs are slightly lighter. Should be able to move now.
- Truck builds slower. Truck rushes aren't nearly so effective now.
- The rest of the structure prereqs are gone.
- Research tree reworked. Rockets/missiles have an easier time upgrading now. Pulse Laser isn't hidden behind GTE anymore.
0.4.1 - 2009 Mar 30
- Howitzers, incendiary artillery, and T3 weapons strengthened
- All weapons have same damage upgrade progression (25%) and one of two rate upgrade progressions (10% or 15%). This is down from an average of 30% and 20%, respectively. This is intended to make weapon choice matter more.
- Cyborgs further balanced. Not only should they be usable, they should be fairly well balanced within themselves now (Next: VTOLs!)
- Ranges rounded off to multiples half-tiles, except the Wide Spectrum Sensor Turret, which is still 17.7 tiles.
0.4.0 - 2009 Mar 23
- Cyborgs no longer have to be researched.
- Cyborg factory only requires Engineering now.
- Trading up weapons offers more of a benefit.
- Weapon multipliers massively rearranged.
- Cannons/Rails split from Rockets/Missiles, no longer both anti-tank.
0.3.0 - 2009 Mar 7
- Pulse Laser replaces Flashlight, instead of Heavy Laser.
- Flashlight Hardpoint replaced with Pulse Laser Hardpoint.
- Pulse Laser Emplacement replaced with Pulse Laser Tower.
- Body prices updated to make more sense.
- Some graphics replaced to make more sense.
0.2.4 - 2009 Feb 20
- Structures reworked so none of them have more than 2x the amount of HP they had in 1.10.
0.2.3 - 2009 Feb 17
- Lancer bunker replaced with lancer tower.
- Flamers strengthened.
0.2.2 - 2009 Feb 13
- After a balance test, lancers weakened, cannons strengthened.
0.2.1 - 2009 Feb 6
- 2.1 support is back. It was the lack of naval unit support that made it crash.
- Tweaked multipliers some more.
- Pulse laser tower removed until I figure out a way to fit it in.
0.2 - 2009 Jan 19
I haven't been keeping track of specific changes. Suffice to say it does these main things:
- Mediate 2.1's balance with 1.10's balance.
- Ensure no weapon is useless.
- Have cycles of strengths/weaknesses ("Rock-paper-scissors" style balancing)
- Remove inconsistencies.
0.1.1 - 2008 Nov 23
- Much smaller
- Restored compatibility with r6437 and most future changes
Research balance (Mediate 2.1 with 1.10):
- Lancer has fewer prereqs (but more than 1.10)
Research balance (other):
- Heavy Cannon requires APFSDS Cannon Shells
- Machinegun upgrades are back through Depleted Uranium MG Bullets
- Rocket upgrades are 20% instead of 10%
- No structure costs more than half its prerequisite turret to research
- Stormbringer easier to get
- Laser prereqs rearranged a lot
- Advanced Missile Warhead no long prereqs Avenger SAM
- Added Sensor Upgrade Mk3
Weapon balance (Mediate 2.1 with 1.10):
- Assault guns and twin assault guns are slightly more powerful (but less than 1.10)
- Mini-pods, rockets, and missiles have less HP (but more than 1.10)
- Mini-pods do slightly less damage (but more than 1.10)
- Rockets and missiles do more damage (but less than 1.10)
- Ripple Rockets do less damage (but more than 1.10)
- Flamers slightly nerfed (still way more powerful than 1.10)
- Cannons and gausses have more HP (but less than 1.10)
- Cannons do less damage (but more than 1.10)
- Gauss Cannon does more damage (but less than 1.10)
- Mortars do less damage (but more than 1.10)
- LasSat reloads in 5 min instead of 8 (back to 1.10)
Weapon balance (other):
- Howitzer HP slightly increased
- Heavy Laser range slightly increased
- Plasma Cannon damage slightly increased, now anti-tank
- Pulse laser damage halved, ROF doubled
- Stormbringer weakened
- Stormbringer is now a thermal AA laser (instead of kinetic AA gun)
- All lasers have very high velocity
- AA guns have increased velocity
- SAMs are more powerful
- Phosphor, Plasmite, and Thermite bombs are now thermal
- Plasmite bomb does more damage
- Missile Fortress nerfed